Testing of electronic equipment for railway use and subway
Sicom Testing is a recognized benchmark for the companies that operate, or that are emerging, in the fields of trains and subways. The laboratory is qualified by RINA for the execution of tests on systems for signaling, communication and control in the railway field and for the execution of environmental tests according to the standard EN 50155.
Sicom Testing assists companies that develop projects in the railway sector and want to achieve full compliance with the European Directive 2008/57/CE on the interoperability of the rail system within the community,
Italy has transposed this provision with D.lgs-n. 191/2010 and by the standards EIRENE.
Railway GSM Testing
The laboratory performs tests on cellular communication systems used in the railway sector also in band GSM-R for voice and data transmission .
Over the years, Sicom Testing has developed special tests with radio communications simulation for speeds up to 500 km / h with which we have been tested many products targeted for high-speed rail vehicles.
The service is dedicated to producers, importers and distributors of electronic and communication devices installed on board of railway vehicles, trams, high-speed trains and metros.
The list of standards applied by Sicom Testing for railway equipment also includes:
- EN 50155: Railway applications - Requirements for electronic equipment used on rolling stock
- EN 45545: Railway applications - Fire protection for railway rolling stock
- EN 50121-3-2: Railway applications, tramway, trolleybuses and subways Electromagnetic compatibility – part 3-2: Rolling Stock - Equipment
- EN 301 511: Global System for Mobile communications (GSM); Harmonized EN for mobile stations in the GSM 900 and GSM 1800 bands covering essential requirements under article 3.2 of the R&TTE directive (1999/5/EC)
- EN 301 489-1 and ETSI EN 301 489-: EMC for GSM and DCS telecommunications systems
- EN 301 419-7: Digital cellular telecommunications system (Phase 2+); Attachment requirements for Global System for Mobile communications (GSM); Railways Band (R-GSM); Mobile Stations; Access
- ETSI TS 151 010-1: Digital cellular telecommunications system (Phase 2+); Mobile Station (MS) conformance specification; Part 1: Conformance specification
- TS 102 933 – 2: Railway Telecommunications (RT) GSM-R improved receiver parameters Part 2: Radio conformance testing
Tests performed include:
- Visual inspection
- Performance test
- Cooling test
- Dry heat test
- Damp heat test
- Supply overvoltages
- Surges, electrostatic discharge and transient burst susceptibility tests
- Radio interference test (susceptibility test, emission test)
- Insulation test
- Salt mist test
- Vibration, shock and bump test (shock test, Random Vibration test – Functional, Long Life Testing at increased random vibration level).
- Watertightness test
- Equipment stress screening
- Low temperature storage test
To perform the tests, They are applied to the following technical standards:
- EN 61373 (Vibration & Shocks)
- EN 60068 (Temperature test)
- EN 61000-4-2 Electrostatic discharges immunity test: performance criterion B.
- EN 61000-4-3 Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) –Part 4-3: Testing and measurement techniques- Radiated, radio-frequency, electromagnetic field immunity test.
- EN 61000-4-4 Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) –Part 4-4 Testing and measurement techniques- Electrical fast transient/burst immunity test
- EN 61000-4-5 Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) –Part 4-5 Testing and measurement techniques- Surge immunity test.
- EN 61000-4-6 Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) –Part 4-6 Testing and measurement techniques- Immunity to conducted disturbances, inducted by radio frequency field.
- EN 50125 Railway applications - Environmental conditions
- EN 60077 Railway applications: electrical equipment for rolling stock