Certification FCC (United States) and ISED (Canada)
To be imported and marketed in the US, the radio frequency devices (RF) must obtain an authorization following the procedures laid down by Federal Communications Commission (FCC). For Canada, these products are regulated by Innovation, Science and Economic Development (ISED).
Sicom Testing offers a complete test and certification service for anyone who wants to market its products in United States and Canada, also cooperating with partners accredited laboratories and certifying bodies.
For the United States, following the procedures Supplier’s Declaration of Conformity or Certification, the laboratory can give support to customers in practices and tests indicated by federal regulation for electronic equipment, radio and telecommunications.
For Canada, Sicom Testing It provides testing and certification services ISED in accordance with the standards of Innovation, Science and Economic Development For example ICES-003, RSS-102 and others. The certification ISED Canada replaced the Industry Canada (IC)
The radio frequency devices are all those that use frequency signals greater than 9kHz for their operation, products as radio transmitters or receivers, computer, products related to computers and the vast majority of today's electronic devices.
Sicom Testing can also provide local representation service, required for entry practices of products on United States and Canadian markets.
Procedure for obtaining the authorization of products
In order to obtain the authorization of the product are the steps to follow:
- determine the FCC rules applicable to the product
- determine what authorization procedure must be followed depending on the type of product
- perform compliance testing at a testing laboratory
- produce labels with the information required by the FCC
- include compliance information in the user manual
in some cases, it required the involvement of a certifying body (TCB) to obtain the required authorization
- store compliance information and records
For the import in the US, the radio-frequency devices must meet one of the following conditions:
- FCC have the necessary authorization
- not be subject to FCC approval
- be imported in limited quantities for evaluation and not for sale
- be imported in limited quantities for a demonstration at a trade show and not for sale
- across the United States to other countries
- It is reserved only to the US government
- be imported for repair and not for sale
- be a medical device implanted in the bearer
- consist of no more than three computers or radio receivers for personal use and not for sale
- consist of no more than three radios for personal use and not for sale
Products blocked at customs
If the product is stuck in customs because the FCC procedures were not performed, the product can not be imported to the US. The solutions are:
- send the product back to the sender
- place it in a warehouse or in isolated area duty free waiting to perform the practices to obtain the appropriate FCC approval.
Request a quote for the authorization of its product to the US and Canadian markets!