During the twentieth century, mobile phones have revolutionized our habits.
In the XXI century, producers, they are engaged in the processing of components.
Along with the continuous improvement of the integrated cameras, of touch screens, battery, and induction charger has been introduced water protection.
We have heard many stories about mobile Lost At Sea, in the pool or in the sink, sometimes we have enriched the stories with our direct (and desperate) witness.
Something is changing; the technology is now ready to give us what we've been waiting a long time: comes the generation of phones that are resistant to water!
Before venturing, with the joy worthy of a total liberation from clumsiness always lurking, it is good to know the differences of definitions waterproof ed waterproof.
How to choose a cell phone to try dive?
IP stands for Ingress Protection It is an abbreviation that indicates the level of protection of electrical equipment from intrusion of liquids or powders.
The numbers that follow the letters IP are important because they indicate the degree of the resistance than the characteristic elements of our favorite summer place: the beach.
The IP numbers are 2:
• The first number indicates the degree of the resistance to penetration of solid materials as grains of sand or dust.
- 0 – No protection
- 1 – Protection against solid objects up to 50 mm
- 2 – Protection against solid objects up to 12 mm
- 3 – Protection against solid objects up to 2.5 mm
- 4 – Protection against solid objects up to 1 mm
- 5 – Protection against dust
- 6 – Complete protection against dust
• The second number refers to the resistance to penetration of the casing liquids.
- 0 – No protection
- 1 – Protection against falling drops of water in a vertical
- 2 – Protection against falling drops of water with maximum inclination of 15 °
- 3 – Rain protection
- 4 – Protection from the direct water spray
- 5 – Protection against direct water jets
- 6 – Protection from waves
- 7 – from temporary immersion in water protection (between 15 cm e 1 m depth for a maximum of 30 minutes)
- 8 – by permanent immersion in water protection (until 3 m depth continues for a maximum of one hour)
- 9 – permanent protection from diving in water and by water jets at high pressure and high temperature (until 3 m depth continues for a maximum of one hour)
For example: we say that water resistance a phone is IPX2.
The letter X occupies the position of the degree of protection to powders that now we do not examine, the number to be consulted for the resistance to liquids is the second.
The phone resists in the case that the water strikes the enclosure with a maximum angle of 15 °, namely that the water must slip on the casing with a minimum angle of incidence.
The abbreviation impermeability of the product corresponds to a IPX7.
The table helps you understand how long and how deep the phone can withstand in the event of a fall in the sea.
It depends on you if you want to chat on the phone in the shower, simply protect yourself from an accidental fall of a glass of water on the device or go to the beach with no worries for the technology that you carry with you. Whatever you choose, in fact, IP certification is an added value that today you can choose to have.
The IP check is mandatory and is part of the electrical safety testing for all products for which the manufacturer should declare the IP rating, for those exposed to atmospheric agents and for those for which exposure to liquids and powders are predictable in their normal use.
In the latter category fall, for example, the equipment used in the kitchen, in chemical laboratories and those installed in the floor which are therefore subject to be wet during the cleaning operations.
Sicom Testing It offers a complete service for the electrical safety testing products.
To request more information on this topic, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +39 0481 778931.