SICOM has been performing tests on electronic products used on trains and subways for over ten years.
The experienced staff of Sicom can support companies that develop projects in this area in order to achieve full compliance in accordance with European Directive 2008/57/EC on the interoperability of the rail system within the Community, to its transposition in Italy according to D.lgs-n.. 191/2010 and to standards EIRENE.
The offered service addresses manufacturers, distributors and importers of electronic devices and communication systems installed on board railway rolling stock, tramway, high speed trains and subways.
The list of standards that Sicom apply includes, among others:
- EN 50155 “Railway applications – requirements for electronic equipment used on rolling stock”
- EN 45545 “Railway applications – Fire protection for railway rolling stock”
- EN 50121-3-2 “Railway applications, street cars, trolleybuses and subways electromagnetic compatibility – Part 3-2: Rolling stock – Equipment”
- EN 301 511 “Global System for Mobile communications (GSM); Harmonized EN for mobile stations in the GSM 900 and GSM 1800 bands covering essential requirements under article 3.2 of the R&TTE directive (1999/5/EC)”
- EN 301 489-1 e ETSI EN 301 489-7 “EMC for GSM and DCS telecommunications systems”
- EN 301 419-7 “Digital cellular telecommunications system (Phase 2+); Attachment requirements for Global System for Mobile communications (GSM); Railways Band (R-GSM); Mobile Stations; Access”
- ETSI TS 151 010-1 “Digital cellular telecommunications system (Phase 2+); Mobile Station (MS) conformance specification; Part 1: Conformance specification”
- TS 102 933 – 2: “Railway Telecommunications (RT) GSM-R improved receiver parameters Part 2: Radio conformance testing”
Among the tests performed in our laboratories there are:
- Visual inspection
- Performance test
- Cooling test
- Dry heat test
- Damp heat test
- Supply overvoltages
- Surges, electrostatic discharge and transient burst susceptibility tests
- Radio interference test (susceptibility test, emission test)
- Insulation test
- Salt mist test
- Vibration, shock and bump test (shock test, Random Vibration test – Functional, Long Life Testing at increased random vibration level).
- Watertightness test
- Equipment stress screening
- Low temperature storage test
In performing the above mentioned tests, also the technical standards are applied:
- EN 61373 (Vibration & Shocks)
- EN 60068 (Temperature test)
- EN 61000-4-2 Electrostatic discharges immunity test: performance criterion B.
- EN 61000-4-3 Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) –Part 4-3: Testing and measurement techniques- Radiated, radio-frequency, electromagnetic field immunity test.
- EN 61000-4-4 Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) –Part 4-4 Testing and measurement techniques- Electrical fast transient/burst immunity test
- EN 61000-4-5 Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) –Part 4-5 Testing and measurement techniques- Surge immunity test.
- EN 61000-4-6 Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) –Part 4-6 Testing and measurement techniques- Immunity to conducted disturbances, inducted by radio frequency field.
- EN 50125 Railway applications – Environmental conditions
- EN 60077 Railway applications: electrical equipment for rolling stock
Tests on cellular communication systems used for railways in the GSM-R band for voice and data transmission.
Special tests have been developed in Sicom for radio communication simulation for speeds up to 500 km/h, which have allowed us to test many products for high-speed railway vehicles.
Also verifications of change cell in fast sequence are performed, which are typical of the high speed..
Expertise and technical skills of its staff have allowed Sicom to strengthen its position in this field, becoming a reference point for the entities which already working in the field, or which are just entering.
SICOM is qualified by RINA to carry out tests on systems for signalling, communication and control in the railway sector.